- Master’s student captures top prize at UBCO’s 3MT finalApr 1
- UBC Okanagan to offer Canada’s first bachelor’s degree of Indigenous language fluencyMar 29
- Should government have the ability to make vaccination mandatory?Mar 25
- UBCO’s substance use clinic accepting new patients virtuallyMar 4
- Philosopher shines light on dark world of misinformationMar 2
- UBCO economist says private security systems bar others from protectionMar 1
By order of the Provincial Health Officer (PHO), in-person UBC events — both indoors and outdoors — are suspended. Events are required to be held virtually with only essential staff on site in-person to support the virtual event delivery and broadcast. The order came into effect November 19, 2020 at midnight and will be kept in place until further notice based on direction from the PHO. Visit ubc.ca for information updates on COVID-19 and UBC’s response.
Our faculty and students pursue ideas that advance knowledge and improve lives.
Leanne ten Brinke, Assistant Professor, Psychology
A recent study examining perceptions of power suggests that individuals with lower socioeconomic statuses are more likely to have a negative view of policy or decision-makers.
The Irving K. Barber Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences offers both discipline-based and interdisciplinary undergraduate and graduate degrees.
Bachelor of Nsyilxcn Language Fluency
Achieve advanced proficiency levels in Nsyilxcn while learning about multiple ways to contribute to the language’s recovery and revitalization efforts in your communities.
Dedicated and supportive staff, accomplished faculty members, and a collection of high-caliber undergraduate, graduate students and postdoctoral fellows.
Featured Doctoral Student
Lindsay Harris, Doctoral Student, Interdisciplinary Graduate Studies
FASS Doctoral candidate Lindsay Harris uses ethnography to fight food insecurity in the Thompson-Okanagan.