- Perfectionists more likely to suffer from body dissatisfactionJun 24
- UBCO researcher examines the need for positive support when a child is sexually abusedJun 23
- Multidisciplinary approach leads to top award for UBCO scholarJun 8
- Academic excellence and volunteerism lead to prestigious Pushor Mitchell recognitionJun 2
- Desire to help fellow Indigenous students leads to prestigious award for new graduateJun 1
- UBCO celebrates the class of 2021May 27
Indoor events: Effective May 25, 2021, indoor events of up to 10 people are permitted, with an approved COVID-19 safety plan in place and adhering to public health guidance, including wearing masks and maintaining physical distance.
Outdoor events: Effective May 25, 2021, seated outdoor events of up to 50 people are permitted, with an approved COVID-19 safety plan in place and adhering to public health guidance.
Visit ubc.ca for information updates on COVID-19 and UBC’s response.
Our faculty and students pursue ideas that advance knowledge and improve lives.
Leanne ten Brinke, Assistant Professor, Psychology
New research examines the art of telling lies, showing that over time, attempts to deceive others may become self-deception.
The Irving K. Barber Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences offers both discipline-based and interdisciplinary undergraduate and graduate degrees.
Bachelor of Nsyilxcn Language Fluency
Achieve advanced proficiency levels in Nsyilxcn while learning about multiple ways to contribute to the language’s recovery and revitalization efforts in your communities.
Dedicated and supportive staff, accomplished faculty members, and a collection of high-caliber undergraduate, graduate students and postdoctoral fellows.
Featured Doctoral Student
Lindsay Harris, Doctoral Student, Interdisciplinary Graduate Studies
FASS Doctoral candidate Lindsay Harris uses ethnography to fight food insecurity in the Thompson-Okanagan.