Administration and Operations
Manager, Administration and Operations
Julia Yamagishi Costa
Assistant to the Dean
Please email Julia to book an appointment with the Dean.
Vanessa Costa da Silveira
Associate Dean Portfolios
Associate Dean, Research, Graduate and Postdoctoral
Portfolio: Provides leadership and oversight for the Faculty’s research, scholarly activities, and collaborative initiatives and partnerships. The portfolio is also responsible for the recruitment, retention, career advancement, recognition, and ongoing success of an excellent and diverse community of colleagues.
- Provides leadership for designing, reviewing, and implementing a Faculty research plan;
- explores, promotes, and facilitates research and funding opportunities for faculty members;
- provides overall coordination of Interdisciplinary Graduate Studies (IGS) themes; creates IGS course schedule; plans IGS budget;
- provides guidance for the management of post-doctoral fellowships and fellows.
Graduate Student Support:
- Advocates for both disciplinary and interdisciplinary pedagogy and curriculum for graduate studies;
- Chairs the FASS Graduate Awards committee;
- Addresses complaints and concerns about graduate student academic and non-academic misconduct; appeals of grades and academic standing; and supervision.
Manager of Research, Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies
LM4, 6th Floor
- Supervises grant funding setup and management at the faculty level;
- Manages administration of IGS and research programs;
- Provides guidance and training for department faculty and staff related to IGS, postdoctoral, and research programs.
Research Assistant, Research, Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies
LM4, 6th Floor
- Assists graduate students with course selection, registration, and office allocation;
- Assists Interdisciplinary Graduate Studies (IGS) Theme coordinators with administrative forms and tracking student performance;
- Organizes thesis oral defenses;
- Coordinates graduate and undergraduate travel grants;
- Coordinates Undergrad Research Awards program.
ASSOCIATE DEAN, Undergraduate Students
Portfolio: Provides leadership to develop, implement and sustain a strategic and holistic framework that ensures undergraduate students are successful throughout their life-cycle – from prospective students to graduates.
- Coordination of undergraduate enrolment planning and management;
- facilitation of student communications to access relevant services, including academic and non-academic services and support.
- Facilitation of access to relevant academic and non-academic services and support
- provision of effective and efficient student recruitment activities;
- facilitation of admission and registration of high-quality students;
- provision of excellent educational experiences, both curricular and extra-curricular;
- promotion of community, affinity, and supportive peer networks.
Assistant to the Associate Dean, Undergraduate Studies
Please submit all forms to email@example.com
Associate Dean, Teaching, Learning and Curriculum
Portfolio: Provides leadership for the development, implementation, and sustenance of a strategic approach to teaching, learning, and curriculum.
- Manages curriculum submission and related consultation, approval, and implementation processes;
- monitors curriculum effectiveness;
- coordinates formal, regularly-scheduled self-studies and external reviews of academic programs;
- supports innovative teaching and learning initiatives.
- coordinating undergraduate awards and recognitions unrelated to research.
Please submit all forms to firstname.lastname@example.org
SUPPORT TEAM PORTFOLIOS
Acting Communications Manager
Communications and Engagement Strategist
Acting Communications and Events Coordinator
Pieter Uni (On Leave)
Marissa Liebel (On Leave)
Communications and Events Coordinator
Meghan Reid (On Leave)
Web and Digital Media Strategist
For assistance with research-related finance or student hiring questions and transactions, please email email@example.com.
Research Finance Assistant