Administration and Operations
Manager, Administration and Operations
Assistant to the Dean
Associate Dean Portfolios
Associate Dean, Research, Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies
- Provides leadership for designing, reviewing, and implementing a Faculty research plan;
- Explores, promotes, and facilitates research and funding opportunities for faculty members;
- Is accountable for any Indirect Costs of Research or overhead funds that may accrue from faculty members’ research or contracts;
- Facilitates inter- and intra-Faculty scholarly collaborations as well as broader scholarly initiatives;
- Coordinates the development and implementation of policies and procedures for supporting post-doctoral training and fellows;
- Provides leadership that helps to develop, sustain, and support a culture of post-doctoral training across the Faculty;
- Provides guidance for the management of post-doctoral fellowships and fellows.
- Represents the Faculty on the College of Graduate and Post-doctoral Studies Council· and other bodies, and at events, pertaining to graduate studies;
- Addresses complaints and concerns about graduate student academic and non- academic misconduct; appeals of grades and academic standing; and supervision;
- Is an advocate and leader for both disciplinary and interdisciplinary pedagogy and curriculum for graduate studies;
- Supports the building of a community of graduate students in the Faculty
- Coordinates the preparation and submission of calendar material for graduate programs in collaboration with Associate Deans (Teaching, Learning and Curriculum) and Heads;
- Coordinates the preparation of publicity material for graduate programs, in collaboration with Heads and the Faculty’s Communications Manager;
- Provides overall coordination of Interdisciplinary graduate studies themes in FASS, which includes duties such as:
- Works with department heads and theme coordinators to set up the course schedule and instructors for the upcoming academic year;
- Works with department heads and theme coordinators to process admissions, department head workload approvals for supervision;
- Works with department heads and theme coordinators for TA positions, based on priority pool, and cross-faculty appointments;
- Liaises with other faculties as required on issues related to IGS and themes specifically;
- Serves as the FASS rep on the IGS Program and Curriculum committee;
- Works with the FASS Finance Manager to oversee IGS resource allocations.
Manager of Research, Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies
Portfolio: Provides leadership for the development, implementation and sustenance of a strategic and holistic framework that ensures success for our undergraduate students throughout their life-cycle – from prospective students to graduates – through, among others:
- coordinated undergraduate enrolment planning and management;
- effective and efficient recruitment activities;
- facilitation of admission and registration of high quality students;
- provision of excellent educational experiences, both curricular and extra-curricular;
- promotion of community, affinity, and supportive peer networks;
- facilitation of access to relevant services, including academic and non-academic advising and support.
Support Services Assistant
Associate Dean, Teaching, Learning and Curriculum
Portfolio: Provides leadership for the development, implementation, and sustenance of a strategic approach to teaching, learning, and curriculum that is of the highest quality, pedagogically sound, fiscally prudent, socially responsive and adaptive; and facilitates the realization of competencies and outcomes that reflect our core mission and values through, among others:
- facilitation of curriculum innovation and renewal within the Faculty, of cross-Faculty and cross-institutional collaborative programs, and of related consultation, approval, and implementation processes;
- ongoing monitoring of curriculum effectiveness;
- formal, regularly-scheduled self-studies and external reviews of academic programs;
- promotion of effective and efficient experiential and co-curricular learning programs;
- support for, and enhancement of, innovative teaching and learning initiatives;
- promotion of a culture of recognition for innovative curricula and pedagogical accomplishments.
- coordinating undergraduate awards and recognitions that are not related to research.
Department email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
SUPPORT TEAM PORTFOLIOS
Communications and Engagement Strategist
Web and Digital Media Coordinator
Communications and Events Coordinator