Graduate Student Awards
Graduate Student Travel Grant
This grant supports travel to conferences for full-time graduate students in master’s or doctoral programs. In order to be eligible, students must present scholarly work related to their graduate thesis research at a national or international scholarly meeting or conference. The value of the grant is $1,000 for Master’s students and up to $1,500 for PhD students. Please also refer to UBC’s Travel Expenditures guidelines.
Applications will be considered on an ongoing basis, but must be received no less than one month prior to travel.
Graduate Student Travel Grant: Workshops
Five awards of $2500 will be funded, annually, to support graduate students attending workshops that support their programs of research.
HOW TO APPLY
In a short application (no longer than 1-2 pp.), students should provide the following information:
- Identification: full name; student ID#; year of study
- Name of the workshop and its sponsoring organization/association, and workshop dates
- Program and Faculty Supervisor
- Brief summary of the research program and an answer to the question: Why is the selected workshop important for the development of the research program?
- Budget for travel: transportation, accommodation, meals, and workshop registration costs
- Copy of transcripts
- Letter of support from Faculty Supervisor
The application deadline is October 25.
Please note, if there are funds remaining after this first competition, a second round of applications will be adjudicated in the spring.
To apply, submit your application to Colin McKay: email@example.com.
There are a variety of awards and prizes governed by UBC Okanagan’s Senate which are available to students of the Irving K. Barber Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences.